Join an Engaging and Inclusive Team
North Park Elementary School is an independent school accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) located in Chicago’s Ravenswood community. North Park serves students in Preschool through 8th Grade, and is dedicated to raising confident, self-reliant individuals in partnership with families, while instilling a sense of curiosity, a passion for learning, and a commitment to impacting the broader community. North Park seeks to nurture curiosity, spark creativity, and sustain a vibrant, inclusive, community that supports all students, helping them become the best version of themselves. North Park believes that diversity is a critical source of strength for all.
We are looking for exceptional faculty and staff who are passionate about education and committed to our school’s mission. If you would like to make a difference in the lives of our students, apply today.
North Park Elementary School accepts applications for employment on a rolling basis year-round.
While our current employment opportunities are listed below, we invite those seeking work as teachers, associate teachers, administrators, or other staff positions to submit your cover letter and resume to our Office Manager Kerry Maman at email@example.com. Your application will be retained in active status for two school years, and we will contact you should a vacancy in your area become available. Meanwhile, check this page periodically for updated listings.
North Park is an educational employer of choice, with competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health care for full-time employees at no cost to the individual, retirement funding, and access to extensive, robust professional growth opportunities. The NPES community is also one that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. You can review our mission and values here.
Daily In-House Substitute Teacher
We are seeking a progressive, collaborative, flexible, energetic, and engaging Daily In-House Substitute Teacher to join our faculty, assigned daily throughout the school across Preschool through Eighth Grade as needed in all subject areas. When not assigned to a classroom, this faculty member lends valuable support to our Director of Educational Technology campus-wide, and fulfills other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (teaching certificate preferred but not required)
- A growth mindset and intellectual curiosity
- An understanding of the developmental needs of elementary school children
- The ability to manage a classroom appropriately in keeping with the values and approach of the school’s Positive Discipline program
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and administration to support and extend the objectives of the curriculum
- Working knowledge and experience with technology, including integration into teaching and learning, basic approaches to trouble-shooting common challenges that arise in an educational setting, and a desire to learn more
- Experience providing a nurturing, creative, challenging, supportive, and inclusive environment that fosters mutual respect and age-appropriate levels of independence
- A commitment to contributing to an affirming, inclusive, equitable, and just community for all students
- Strong verbal, written, and digital communication skills
- Sound executive functioning skills, and the ability to transition quickly and effectively from one role to another
- Direct the classroom, accomplishing curriculum objectives and goals outlined in lesson plans from teachers
- Practice differentiation strategies to include all learners in instruction
- Build positive and trusting relationships with colleagues and students school-wide
- Supervise arrival, dismissal, lunch, and recess periods as assigned
- Support the Director of Educational Technology in helping to address routine challenges with technology that arise in a school setting
- Take attendance according to the procedures of the school, keep classroom and work orderly, and maintain normal classroom rhythms while the teacher or associate teacher is away
- Maintain a professional attitude in all manner of conduct with students, faculty, and parents, including a commitment to confidentiality
- Participate in on-site professional development and faculty meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Head of School (i.e., relieving staff for lunch breaks or for meetings)
- Occasional opportunities to extend hours in support of special events and programs, scheduled on a mutually-agreed upon basis with additional compensation
Please submit a cover letter with resume to North Park Elementary School Office Manager Kerry Maman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking thoughtful, engaging, adaptable, reliable, and professional substitute teachers to work across all grade levels at NPES, a wonderful opportunity to gain experience with a variety of subject areas and age groups in a welcoming, inclusive, and vibrant school community. The compensation is $18.00 per hour, or $135 for a full day, 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (in education preferred but not required)
- Teaching experience in a school setting, camp setting, or other organization with an educational aspect to its work
- A commitment to creating an affirming, inclusive, equitable, and just learning space for all students
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children at various ages and the ability to manage a classroom positively and effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and administration
- Strong cultural awareness and competence
- Experience providing a nurturing, creative, challenging, and supportive environment that fosters mutual respect and age-appropriate levels of independence
- Strong technology, executive functioning, and communication skills (both written and oral)
Teachers / Administration Employment Form
If you would like to apply for one of the available positions above, please include your contact information, upload your resume and share any other pertinent work history information here.