Join Our Vibrant, Supportive, and Inclusive Team
North Park Elementary School (NPES) is an independent non-sectarian day school serving students in Preschool-8th Grade located in the North Center-Ravenswood area of Chicago. We nurture curiosity, spark creativity, and cultivate a compassionate, vibrant, and equitable community that supports all members. NPES is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS).
NPES is dedicated to creating an inclusive community of students and adults who respect, value, and appreciate diversity in all aspects of human identity, and who work together to advance equity and social justice. NPES does not discriminate in its employment, admissions policies, and school-administered programs. We are looking for exceptional faculty and staff who are passionate about education, committed to our school’s mission, and culturally-responsive in their practice.
Current opportunities to join our team are listed below. We also accept applications for employment on a rolling basis year-round. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Office Manager Kerry Maman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be retained in active status for two years. Meanwhile, check this page periodically for new listings.
After Care Program Associate Teacher
Part-Time Hourly Employee (not benefits-eligible)
North Park Elementary School seeks an After Care Program Associate Teacher who is passionate about supervising and mentoring children in our after-school program on a part-time basis (a few days per week, from 3:00-6:00 PM). The ideal candidate will display a passion for engaging children in play-based activities, maintaining a positive mindset towards social-emotional development, cultural competence, and facilitating problem-solving strategies.
- Collaborate with other After Care Associates and the Student Services Coordinator (who manages the program) to supervise and engage students in indoor and outdoor play
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for students and staff
- Effectively and respectfully communicate with students, parents, and staff
- Build positive and trusting relationships with colleagues and students school-wide
- Maintain a professional attitude in all manner of conduct with students, faculty, and parents, including a commitment to confidentiality
- Accurately check students in and out of the program using the school’s Procare system
- Occasional opportunities to extend hours in other roles
- Demonstrate a joyful disposition and love of working with children
- Interact with students and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, and confident manner
- A commitment to creating an affirming, inclusive, equitable, and just space for all
- A growth mindset and intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal, written, and digital communication skills
- Sound executive functioning skills, and the ability to transition quickly and effectively from one activity to another
- Availability to work a minimum of two days per week, with Mondays and Wednesdays preferred, with additional shifts available based on need during the year
- Pass mandated TB test and background check upon hire
- Be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19
Please email your resume to Kerry Maman, office manager, at email@example.com
We are seeking thoughtful, engaging, adaptable, reliable, and professional substitute teachers to work across all grade levels at NPES, a wonderful opportunity to gain experience with a variety of subject areas and age groups in a welcoming, inclusive, and vibrant school community. The compensation is $18.00 per hour, or $135 for a full day, 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (in education preferred but not required)
- Teaching experience in a school setting, camp setting, or other organization with an educational aspect to its work
- A commitment to creating an affirming, inclusive, equitable, and just learning space for all students
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children at various ages and the ability to manage a classroom positively and effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with students, colleagues, and administration
- Strong cultural awareness and competence
- Experience providing a nurturing, creative, challenging, and supportive environment that fosters mutual respect and age-appropriate levels of independence
- Strong technology, executive functioning, and communication skills (both written and oral)
Teachers / Administration Employment Form
If you would like to apply for one of the available positions above, please include your contact information, upload your resume and share any other pertinent work history information here.