High School Placement Program
A Comprehensive Process Led by an Experienced Administrator
NPES is committed to supporting graduating students and their families through a thoughtful, informed, and comprehensive high school search process. Kim Smith, Director of Learning Services and High School Placement–a member of NPES’ senior administrative team–conducts this work. We assist families with every aspect of the high school selection and admissions process, and we have a strong record of creating desirable options for students in all types of schools, from CPS selective enrollment and neighborhood schools, to parochial schools and other independent schools like us. As a group, our students historically have performed very well on entrance examinations in both English and Mathematics, and are appreciated for their readiness for success in high school. NPES students are the students who attend office hours, who raise important questions others may think about but not share, who seek to build meaningful connections with their teachers, and who are actively involved in the life of their school.
Personal Attention, Excellent Communication
In the spring of 7th grade, all families are invited to individually meet with the Director to discuss the high school application process, the family’s initial plans for high school attendance, and the impact of current testing data and grades for each individual student. With a private provider, NPES facilitates test prep classes for standardized testing and other exams that are necessary for some high school application processes. The Director communicates regularly in writing with families about changes in the process, deadlines, and other updates. Each fall, an annual High School Fair sponsored and hosted by NPES is held to provide NPES families, as well as middle school families from the surrounding community, the opportunity to meet with representatives from a wide variety of public, private, and parochial schools in the Chicago area.
Among the high schools NPES students have recently attended is:
- Amundsen High School (CPS)
- Chicago Academy for the Arts (Independent)
- Chicago High School for the Arts (CPS)
- DePaul College Prep (Parochial)
- Global Citizenship Experience Lab School (Independent)
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (Public Boarding)
- Jones College Prep (CPS Selective Enrollment)
- Lane Tech College Prep (CPS Selective Enrollment)
- Lakeview High School (CPS)
- Latin School of Chicago (Independent)
- Lincoln Park High School IB Program (CPS)
- Lincoln Park High School Performing Arts Program (CPS)
- Loyola Academy (Parochial)
- Northside College Prep (Selective Enrollment)
- Notre Dame College Prep (Parochial)
- Ogden International School of Chicago (CPS)
- St. Ignatius College Prep (Parochial)
- Von Steuben Scholars Program (CPS)
- Walter Payton College Prep (Selective Enrollment)
- Whitney Young Magnet High School (Selective Enrollment)
- Wolcott School (Independent)
Get in touch to learn more about the special community at North Park Elementary School.
Join us for an Admissions Coffee or a tour of our school. We look forward to hearing from you!